Thursday, March 2, 2017

New Arrivals!

For Christmas this year, I decided I was going to order my mom a Design A Horse from Stone. Originally, I had thought about doing a portrait of her mare, Lilly, that we had to put down last year, but I also wasn't out to break the bank on this one. After deciding that I couldn't design Lilly just yet (I will get there. Some day,) I went with the next best thing: a Palomino.

My mom loves palominos. Personally, so do I. I had been really sneaky the few weeks before I ordered this Christmas pony, going through the DAH color options and asking her what she thought of each color. This is something we do on a regular basis, so she didn't seem to find it suspicious - which was excellent for me. 

Figuring that I wouldn't have this pony in time for Christmas, I drew him on a 4 x 6 piece of Bristol board and gave that to my mother to open instead.



Well, this cute little Christmas pony showed up at our door just a few days before Rainier. In fact, he showed up the exact day that we left for a model horse show. Go figure, right?





His name is Mr. Wonderful (a.k.a. Clarence,) and if anyone understands that reference, good for you. I'm not sure how many people will.

And because it was 50 degrees here in the Upper Peninsula this weekend, I've also got some close-up shots of Rainier for everyone!



Sorry to tease you with this shot in the last blog post preview.
I didn't have these when I wrote the original entry!






Stay tuned for more new ponies and adventures coming soon- we have a Stablemate Club horse on the way along with our most recent order to unbox. There's lots going on in the model horse world right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment